2002 PiNP Conference
Proceedings of Labor Management Partnership Conference On Best Practices
March 4-5, 2002
- Opening Remarks
Michael J. Sullivan, SMART General President
Ron Rodgers, SMACNA President
- For a Partnering Conference Overview , click here.
- Measuring Your Market Share – Alternate approaches to determining current market share and ways to follow trends.
- Market Analysis – This presentation was developed to determine the overall strength of a local union within their jurisdiction. Historically the strength and health of a local union has been determined using unemployment/employment numbers. This presentation takes a step by step look at what constitutes real strength, allowing participants to calculate their own union density and market trends, measured against the overall construction industry.
- Partnering to Expand Markets
Presented by Bernard L. Flaherty
- Owners Perspective on the State of the Industry
- A Retail Industry View
- Recruiting & Organizing in a Multi-Cultural Society – Breaking cultural barriers to expand your workforce in tomorrow’s market.
- Joint Marketing to Increase Market Share – Marketing programs from small town markets as well as larger metropolitan areas aimed at increasing market share.
- Recruiting Your Future Workforce – Some thoughts about recruitment sources and methods for future growth of the Unionized Sheet Metal Industry.
- Effective Recruiting – An example for the unionized sheet metal industry on what can be accomplished when Union and Management work together to identify common issues hindering our ability to compete in the construction marketplace, as well as identifying methods of market recovery.
- Joint Cooperative Recruiting in Cleveland Ohio – proven techniques on how to bring new employees into the sheet metal industry.