2008 Handouts & Presentations
Thursday, April 3, 2008
8:00 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
- Succession Planning: Finding Your Alpha Team – Mark Breslin, Kevin Yearout, Rob Biedermann
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan – Kevin Yearout
- Purchasing a Sheet Metal Company from the Buyers Perspective – Rob Biedermann
- Future Leaders Roundtable – Robert Wendover, Nathan Dills, Paul Le Bel, Jr.
- Partnering to Improve Workers’ Compensation Practices – Dick Robyn, Jim Bigham, Craig Sandberg, William Ecklund
- Sheet Metal Safety Roundtable – Mike McCullion, Charles Austin
- Bidding Green: The Future of Construction Contracting – Guy Gast, Matt Jesson
- Using Skill Certifications to Gain a Competitive Edge – Rick Reese, Roy Ringwood, Ken Senteney, John Hamilton, Kevin Casey, Howard Stine
- Single Source Responsibility – Howard Stine
10:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- Model Specs: Using the New Master Format Specs to Your Advantage – John Hamilton, Tom Glavinich
1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Communicating and Motivating Your Millennials – Robert Wendover, Nathan Dills, Paul Le Bel, Jr., Larry Lawrence, Dan Rose
- The Business Costs of Operating a Sheet Metal Business – John Eilerman
- Lean Contracting Practices – Dennis Sowards
Friday, April 4, 2008
8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Opening Remarks: SMART General President Michael Sullivan & SMACNA President Ron Palmerick
- Mark Breslin: Alpha-Dogs, Face Challenges, Create Solutions
- National Best Practices to Expand Markets – Mark Watson, Joe Nigro
- Recruiting, Retaining and Motivating Your Workforce – Robert Wendover
- Attracting Your Workforce: Recruiting Blitzes & Sheet Metal Industry Nights for the Florida Initiative – Richard Compton, Susan Karr, Mike Jeske
- New Horizons Study of Union vs. Non-union Costs – Jay Bowman, Rick Reese
Regional Breakout Sessions
1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Northeastern Regional Breakout – Bob Lawless, Joe Sellers
- Midwestern Regional Breakout – Dick Cramer, Reggie Hohenberger
- South/Southwest Regional Breakout – Rob Biedermann, Rich McClees
- Western Regional Breakout – Matthew Smith, Bruce Word
Saturday, April 5, 2008
8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Mark Breslin: Regional Recap and Implementation Strategies
- Schedule Compression Effects on Labor Productivity – Dr. Awad Hanna
- Prompt Pay – David McCoy
- Partnering on Legislative Issues: A Focused Message for the 2008 Indiana General Assembly – Jay Potesta, Phil Gillespie
- Industrial Market Survey – Market Opportunities – Jay Bowman, Rick Reese, Mitch Hoppe
- Sullivan & Palmerick Closing Remarks