Nurturing Well-being in the Workplace
An inclusive and positive workplace culture can have a profound impact on the mental health and well-being of employees. In this educational session, we will explore the connection between organizational culture and mental health, and how fostering an inclusive and positive environment can support the psychological well-being of our workforces. This session is designed to empower industry leaders with strategies and insights to create workplaces that prioritizes mental health and inclusivity.
- Understanding the Link: Begin by understanding the intricate relationship between workplace culture, inclusivity, and mental health. Explore how a positive and inclusive culture can contribute to reduced stress, improved well-being, and enhanced job satisfaction.
- Defining Inclusivity: Discuss the importance of inclusivity and diversity in creating a positive culture. Learn how an inclusive workplace values and respects the unique perspectives and backgrounds of all employees.
- The Role of Leadership: Explore how leadership sets the tone for the organization’s culture. Understand the role of leaders in promoting inclusivity and positive workplace behaviors.
- Reduce Incidents of hazing and bullying: learn about how incidents of hazing and bullying can negatively and profoundly impact the working environment and how creating a culture that is intolerant of that behavior positively improves the workplace for all.
- Communication and Open Dialogue: Discuss the significance of open and honest communication within an inclusive culture. Learn how to create an environment where employees feel safe to express their thoughts, concerns, and needs.
- Mental Health Awareness Training: Learn about the importance of providing mental health awareness training to employees and leaders. Discuss how education can reduce stigma and improve support for those experiencing mental health challenges.
By the end of this session, you’ll be equipped with the knowledge and tools to create a workplace culture that values inclusivity and supports the mental health and well-being of employees. Join us in the journey of fostering a workplace where employees feel valued, respected, and empowered to thrive both personally and professionally.
Michael F. Barnes, Ph.D., LAC, LPC, D.A.A.E.T.S
Barnes Education and Consulting, LLC
Dr. Michael Barnes is a Licensed Addiction Counselor, Licensed Professional Counselor, and Diplomate in the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress. He is the Chief Clinical Officer at the Foundry Treatment Center in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. He is also the Founder/Director of the Michael Barnes Family Institute and owner of Barnes Education and Consulting, LLC.
Dr. Barnes comes to the Foundry after serving for five years as the Clinical Manager of Residential Services at CeDAR (Center for Dependency, Addiction, and Rehabilitation) at the University of Colorado Hospital and 10 years as a full-time clinical professor in Counseling. Most recently, he served as the Clinical Coordinator and Clinical Associate Professor in the MA Program in Counseling at the University of Colorado Denver. Barnes has developed trauma-integrated clinical models for treating individuals with co-occurring addiction and trauma. He has recently developed a Trauma Integrated Family Program for the families of individuals who are struggling with addiction and traumatic stress issues.
Dr. Barnes speaks nationally on Families, Trauma, and Addiction, Trauma Integrated Addiction Treatment, and Compassion Fatigue. He recently published a book, “When the Solution Becomes the Problem: Helping Families Struggling with Addiction and Trauma.” Dr. Barnes received his BA in Psychology from Indiana University of Pennsylvania, his M.Ed. in Rehabilitation Counseling from the University of Pittsburgh, and his Ph.D. in Marriage and Family Therapy from Florida State University.