Organized in December 2011, Project 150 is a 501(c)3 non-profit charitable organization that was created when the founders learned of 150 homeless high school students at Rancho High School in Las Vegas. The students were in need of support over the Christmas Break.
The charity now serves more than 6,000 high school students in need, including 3,300 registered homeless and 3,100 non-registered homeless, displaced and disadvantaged high school students at 58 high schools in Southern Nevada. Project 150 also serves students in need at 20 high schools in Reno, Nevada.
High School is Tough Enough without having to worry about where you are going to sleep at night. Project 150 was created out of the community’s desire to help these kids. Its’ mission is to offer support and services to these homeless high school students so they have what they need to continue school and be successful in life.
Project 150 has a “store” at its main location and offers food, toiletries and other supplies at the high schools it serves.
A list of current critical needs are:
4000 cases of each of the food items listed are needed annually to meet the needs of homeless, displaced and disadvantaged high school students in Las Vegas.
- Granola Bars (cases of 60 individual bars, without nuts)
- Oatmeal (cases of 52 individual packets)
- Tuna & Crackers/Chicken & Crackers (cases of 12 individual boxes)
- Protein Items (Vienna sausages, canned tuna/chicken, spam)
- Full size bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, body wash, hairspray & hair gel
- Gender specific deodorants
Clothing & Accessories: (male and female, all adult sizes)
- New T-Shirts
- NEW Underwear
- Hooded Sweatshirts
- Plus Size Clothing
- New makeup
- Curling irons/blow dryers
- NEW Athletic shoes & dress shoes for men